8 Things I've Learnt This Week
It's been one of those weeks...you know that suspicion that the world and your body has turned against you? Well my intuition has been pretty keen lately. I am, however, drawing upon all of my, "dawning of Aquarius", patchouli anointed, tree-hugging, higher self to try to put a positive spin on things. For better or for worse I am going to share what I have learnt this week.
1. Do not attempt to put your glasses on with the same hand you are holding very sharp keys in.
2. Torn ligaments are painful. A strong back is like money in the bank. Ask someone else to pick up stuff. Even pay them to do it. Have deep tissue massages, often.
3. Hazel nuts are native to the United Kingdom .
4. This recipe for Saffron Orzo, is my ultimate comfort food,it might be yours too if you give it a try, all my thanks to The Lean Times for introducing it to me. *bighugs*
5. This is a really good recipe for Lemon Cordial, make some for Christmas presents.
7. Making perfect houmas/ hummus/ houmous - 1 can of chickpeas ( 400 grams ) plus 1 tablespoon of tahini plus 1 fat clove of minced garlic plus juice of one lemon, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, half a teaspoon of seasalt, half a teaspoon of cumin. Blitzed. Serve with pitta.
8. I've improved my BBQ sauce, thanks to my lovely friends ( guinea pigs ) for putting up with the updates!
Best Ever BBQ Sauce
Makes approx 1 cup
2 tablespoons of Maille Honey and Balsamic Mustard
200 mls of tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
For chicken , make deep slashes with a sharp knife in the pieces and cover with sauce. Allow to marinate a minimum of 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.
Bake covered in foil at 180 C for 15 minutes, then remove foil, baste with sauce and cook for a further 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve with crunchy coleslaw and any leftover sauce.
Have a blissful rest of the week and watch your backs!
LOVE FOOD X